To aid your clean-energy business, we will unleash all our most powerful weapons: knowledge of the legislative environment, business practices, and technical issues in energy operations, and experience with the procedures of state authorities.
We handle the legal needs of dozens of clients—power and heat producers, green-power investors, electricity traders, and associations of all of these.
What we can help you with:
- Preparing complete contractual documentation for energy traders, distributors, and producers.
- Mergers and acquisitions of companies that own renewable power plants: legal due diligence for the acquired company; transactional documentation.
- The development of renewable power plants, local distribution networks (LDNs), and direct grids.
- Disputes over entitlement to state aid; overcompensation checks.
- Lawsuits against the Energy Regulatory Office.
- Energy performance contracting.
- Urban planning surrounding the construction of new wind power plants.
- We have helped to launch projects that are driving the Czech power industry forward today: the nation’s first virtual green power plant (Amper Market), its Green Building Council, and its first collective system for solar-panel recycling.
- During the last two years, we have helped with a number of successful acquisitions of major RES projects, with a total installed power of over 50MW.
- We protect clients against unjustified fines and unlawful actions by the state, and we have represented some of our clients before the European Court of Human Rights.
- We help the producers of RES power and of biomass heat establish to smoothly connect to power networks.
- We perform the corporate and contractual actions that are needed by the manufacturers of power-plant components.
- We have helped to create the first collective system for solar-panel recycling, run by the operators of photovoltaic power plants themselves.
Within the complex world of trade relations, we provide both large companies and SMEs with support in all of their business transactions. Our lawyers are familiar with their clients’ needs and they always provide their care within the broader context, to help their clients make the right decisions. We have helped to launch many ambitious business plans. Our clients stay with us because they know that we can help them grow.
What we can help you with:
- Performing all needed contractual acts and actions,
- Founding companies,
- Mergers, acquisitions, and financing,
- Entering into contracts with an international element; choice of law; arbitration,
- Proceedings related to the Czech Commercial Register,
- Increasing and decreasing a company’s equity capital,
- Legal due diligence,
- Representing clients in commercial disputes,
- Unfair competition,
- Implementation of the GDPR.
- In addition to preparing various contractual documents on a daily basis, we assist our clients in numerous specialized cases—examples include negotiating contracts for the supply of wind turbine technology worth EUR 15 million, and preparing a draft contract for the supply of specialized turnkey software to a “virtual power plant.”
- In addition to the usual services in this area—transfers of various types of real estate, building permits, rooftop solar power plant installation, and escrow services—we have also experience with contracts for the construction of passive and low-energy buildings, including their funding via Energy Performance Contracting.
- We have extensive experience with legal due diligence audits and with acquisitions of projects for wind parks, solar plants, and similar structures.
- We are one of the few Czech law firms that have extensive experience with setting up the implementation of the GDPR in practice. We helped over 40 entities to implement the GDPR in their business.
With one of the nation’s largest team of lawyers specialized in public law, we defend individuals, businesses, and communities against unlawful interventions by state authorities. We also help municipalities to implement the principles of good governance.
What we can help you with:
- Zoning plans, from the perspectives of both municipalities and the property owners affected by these plans.
- Construction law; advice on the building permit process.
- Litigation against the state or state authorities when they have made unlawful interventions.
- Administrative procedures, public procurement law, environmental law, tax procedures, and more.
- We have taken more than 200 cases to the Supreme Administrative Court for a review of the official procedures involved in them—with an above-average success rate.
- We are the most successful Czech law firm with respect to judicial reviews of unlawful zoning plans—we have stopped dozens of such plans.
- Our expert commentary and advice has helped to shape the final form of the nation’s administrative procedure code, construction act, and other regulations.
- We have won legal disputes over the right to clean air in the Ostrava, Ústecko, and Karlovarsko regions and the cities of Prague and Brno. Based on complaints we have filed, the courts have clearly stated that all of these regions had been unlawfully ignoring their obligations to implement efficient measures to protect the health of the population.
- We have protected the interests of many of our clients who were hindered by the unlawful wind power plant regulations contained in the territorial development policies of certain regions.
- Our team includes a former member of the UN’s Aarhus Convention Committee.
Divorce, alimony, visitation rights, and the settlement of spouses’ joint property. These are family-law issues that we deal with almost daily. We provide legal advice here to both Czech citizens and foreigners.
Our clients here include spouses who are divorcing and want to settle their property after the divorce, as well as divorcing parents of minor children who need to resolve child-raising or child-support issues, or changes to the relevant contracts. We are your reliable partner for these situations and more.
What we can do for you:
- Prepare prenuptial and marital (and postnuptial) agreements to govern the specification of matrimonial property and its administration
- Represent you in proceedings to determine or deny paternity
- Represent you in parental responsibility proceedings and/or care for a child’s assets and liabilities
- Represent you in proceedings concerning custody or visitation rights
- Represent you in proceedings surrounding minors’ child support, adult children, spouses, divorced spouses, unmarried mothers, and more
- Provide all services needed during proceedings concerning the returning of a child under The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
- Advise and represent you in divorce proceedings
- Provide services that help you and your current spouse to achieve an amicable post-divorce settlement of the assets and liabilities within your property, or represent you in related court proceedings
- Advise you on guardianship and foster-care issues
- Help you with adoption
Examples of our experience:
- We have aided parents whose children had been abducted by their spouse, securing the return of their children under the Hague Convention.
- We have represented a Czech citizen who was ending their marriage to a citizen of a North African country in divorce and child custody proceedings.
- We regularly prepare joint property settlement agreements, often for partners from different countries. Our clients here have included e.g. a Czech-Italian couple.
How we work
The aim of the Frank Bold Consortium is to combine the best practices from the business and non-profit sectors to support the vision of a free and responsible society on a variety of levels. We care about the social and business environment that we operate in. We combine business with socially beneficial goals.
We support business that is based not only on generating profit, but also on promoting public-interest activities. Our law office invests a part of its profits into the socially beneficial aims of our consortium.
We are a certified B Corporation. These corporations are the leaders of a global movement of people using business as a force for good.
We are a team of over thirty lawyers that includes top experts on a variety of areas of law—e.g. a former member of the UN Aarhus Convention Compliance Committee, a member of our nation’s Government Legislative Council, a member of a European Commission expert group, a member of the Government Anti-Corruption Council, a member of a municipal council, several university teachers, an attorney with top management experience, a board member at a major multinational corporation, and a winner of the prestigious Josef Vavroušek Award. Besides energy law, we provide legal services in the areas of science, research, and innovation and are experts in public law, corporate law, litigations, and contract law.
Managing Partner; Attorney
Pavel has extensive litigation and negotiation experience in both private law and public law.
Pavel primarily handles cases related to construction, constitutional, and civil law and environmental law.
Partner; Managing Attorney
Jiří is mainly specialized in construction and energy law—particularly in wind energy and urban planning.
Martin is a specialist in corporate law, international business law, contracts, and employment law.
Managing Attorney; Authorized Representative
Martin provides clients with legal advice in all areas of civil and commercial law, focusing primarily on contract and energy law.
Sandra specializes in public law, private real estate law, and compensation claims.
Anna deals primarily with energy law, real estate transfers, contract law, and legal advice in corporate matters.
Filip primarily handles cases in energy law and disputes between RES producers and state institutions.
Hana helps municipalities to set up processes for transparent and effective administration.
Kristýna provides legal services in private and public law, specializing in the innovation sector. However, she has experience with civil- and construction-law cases as well.
Alžběta deals with public-law matters—and particularly administrative and environmental law.
Lenka specializes in civil litigation, housing, and construction law.
Michal’s main focuses are civil litigation, contract law, and corporate law. He has a wealth of experience with disputes concerning apartment rentals and non-residential spaces.
Jan specializes in real estate law, corporate law, employment law, and contract law, including actions needed during legal disputes.
Barbora focuses mainly on contract law, real estate law, commercial law, and the protection of personal data.
Kristýna handles e.g. mining law cases and environmental impact assessments.
Petr focuses primarily on issues of the nation’s Contract Register, corporate governance of its state-owned enterprises, and the competences of its Supreme Audit Office.
Lukáš works on public law, particularly administrative law, and environmental law. He specializes in the functioning of the public administration.
Jitka specializes in contract and labor law, and more specifically in the protection of personal data and the obligations arising from the GDPR.
Natálie specializes in civil and commercial law, focusing especially on contract law, intellectual property law, and IT law.
Petr’s general focuses are corporate, family, labor, and commercial law. He specializes in the protection of personal data.
Head of HR
Jana works with public law—particularly administrative and environmental law.
Lawyer; Business developer
Martin is responsible for our office’s business development. He is also a specialist in public law.
Bára looks after the legal needs of our clients in the energy sector.
Petra addresses matters in administrative law, environmental law, and municipal planning.
Need our legal services? Please contact our Managing Attorney, Martin Kornel.
He will respond within two working days.
tel. +420 724 514 095
150 00 Prague
602 00 Brno
Sokolská třída 24
702 00 Ostrava