We will deploy all our powerful weapons to help your business with clean energy: nowledge of the legislative environment, business practices and technical issues of traffic, and experience with the procedure of the state authorities.
We deal with the legal agenda of dozens of clients – power and heat producers, investors into green power projects, electric power traders, and their associations.
What we can help you with:
- Preparation of complete contractual documentation for energy trading companies, distributors and producers of energy.
- Mergers and acquisitions of companies owning power plant (renewable source of energy): legal due diligence of acquired company, transactional documentation.
- Development of power plants (renewable source of energy), local distributing networks (LDN) and direct grids.
- Disputes over the entitlement for state aid, controls of overcompensation.
- Lawsuits against the Energy Regulatory Office.
- Energy performance contracting.
- Urban planning concerning construction of new wind power plants.
- We have helped launch projects that drive the Czech power industry: the first Czech virtual green power plant Amper Market, the Czech Green Building Council, and the first collective system for recycling solar panels.
- In the last two years, we helped with a number of successful acquisitions of large RES projects, with a total installed power of more than 50MW.
- We protect clients against unjustified fines and unlawful actions of the state, and we have represented some clients before the European Court of Human Rights.
- We help the producers of RES power and the producers of biomass heat establish a smooth connection to the power networks.
- We provide corporate and contract agenda for the manufacturers of power plant components. We have helped to create the first collective system for recycling of solar panels, run by the operators of photovoltaic power plants.
In the complicated world of trade relations, we provide both large companies and SMEs with support in all business transactions. Our lawyers are familiar with the needs of their clients and they care about every deal in a broader context to help the clients make the right decision. We have helped to start and launch ambitious business plans. Clients remain with us, so that we could help them grow.
What we can help you with:
We provide legal services in the following matters:
- Contractual agenda,
- Establishing commercial companies,
- Mergers, acquisitions and financing,
- Concluding contracts with an international element, choice of law and arbitration,
- Proceedings related to the commercial register,
- Preparing decisions of all the authorities of trading companies,
- Increasing and decreasing the company’s equity capital,
- Legal due diligence,
- Representing clients in commercial disputes,
- Unfair competition,
- Implementation of GDPR.
- In addition to preparing various contractual documents on a daily basis, we assist our clients in specialized cases, such as the negotiation of contracts for the supply of wind turbine technology worth EUR 15 million or a draft of the contract for the supply of specialized turnkey software for the so-called virtual power plant.
- In addition to standard transfers of various types of real estate, building permits, installing solar power plants on the roofs of houses and escrow services, we have also experience with contracts for the construction of passive and low-energy buildings, including their funding through Energy Performance Contracting.
- We have extensive experience in legal due diligence audits and acquisitions of projects of wind parks, solar plants and other structures.
- We are one of few czech law firms that have extensice experience with the set up of the process of GDPR implementation into practice. We helped over 40 subjects to implement GDPR into their business.
With the largest team of lawyers specialized in public law in the Czech Republic we defend individuals, businesses and communities against unlawful interventions of the state authorities. We help municipalities implement principles of good governance.
What we can help you with:
- Zoning plans from the perspective of both, municipalities and property owners affected by the plans.
- Construction law, advice on building permission process.
- Litigation against the state or state authorities in case of their unlawful intervention.
- Administrative procedures, public procurement law, environmental law or tax procedures.
- We have taken more than 200 cases to the Supreme Administrative Court to review official procedures – with an above-average success rate.
- We are the most successful Czech law firm with respect to reviews of illegal zoning plans, having stopped dozens of them.
- We have worked on the final form of the administrative procedure code, the building act, and other regulations.
- We have won a dispute over the right to clean air in the Ostrava region, Ústecko and Karlovarsko region, Brno city and Prague city. Based on our complaint, the court has clearly stated that all of the stated regions had ilegally ignored their obligations to implement efficient measures to protect health of the population.
- We have protected interests of many of our clients affected by unlawful regulations of wind power plants contained in the territorial development policies of some regions.
- Our team includes former representative of the UN Committee for the compliance with the Aarhus Convention.
Divorce, alimony, visitation rights, settlement of joint property of spouses. These are family law issues that we deal with almost daily. We provide legal advice to both Czech citizens and foreigners.
Our clients are spouses who divorce and want to settle their property after the divorce, as well as parents of minor children who deal with the issues of upbringing, modifying the contact or maintenance of minors. For all (but not only) these situations we are here for you.
What we can do for you:
- Prepare prenuptial and marital (postnuptials) agreements to regulate the matrimonial property regime and its administration
- Represent you in proceedings on the determination or denial of paternity
- Provide representation in parental responsibility proceeding or and care for the child’s assets and liabilities
- Proceedings concerning custody or visitation rights
- Proceedings on maintenance of minors, adult children, spouses, divorced spouses or unmarried mothers
- Provide all necessary services in proceedings dealing with return of a child under The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
- Advise and represent you in the divorce proceedings
- Provide services to get amicable settlement of assets and liabilities within property of spouses after the divorce, or represent you in court proceedings
- Advise you on child’s guardianship or foster care matters
Examples of our experience
- We have helped parents, whose children were abducted by the other parent, securing the return of the children under the Hague Convention.
- We have represented a Czech citizen who has been married to a citizen of the North African country, in divorce and child custody proceedings.
- We regularly prepare joint property settlement agreements, often from different countries. Lately for example for a czech-italian couple.
How we work
The aim of the Frank Bold Consortium is to combine the best practices from business and the non-profit sector to support the vision of a free and responsible society on various levels.
We care about the social and business environment we operate in. We combine business with socially beneficial goals.
We support business that is not based only on generating profit, but also on promoting public interest activities. The law office invests a part of its profit in socially beneficial aims of the consortium.
We are a certified B Corporation – People Using Business as a Force for Good.
We are a team of more than thirty lawyers. Our team includes top experts on various areas of law, e.g. a former member of the UN Aarhus Convention Compliance Committee and a member of the CR Government Legislative Council, a member of the European Commission expert group, a member of the Government Anti-Corruption Council, a member of a municipal council, several university teachers, an attorney with experience from top management and member of the board of directors of a major multinational business, and a winner of the Josef Vavroušek Award. Besides energy law, we provide legal services in the area of science, research and innovation; we are experts in public law, corporate law, litigations and contract law.
Managing Partner, Attorney
Pavel has extensive experience in litigation and negotiation, both in private law and public law.
Pavel deals mainly with cases related to construction, constitutional and civil law and environment law.
Partner, Managing Attorney
Jiří mainly specializes in construction and energy law, particularly in wind energy and urban planning.
Martin is a specialist in the fields of corporate law, international business law, contracts and employment law.
Managing Attorney, Authorised Representative
Martin provides clients with legal advice in all areas of civil and commercial law, focusing mainly on contract and energy law.
Sandra specializes in public law, private legal relations to real estate, and compensation claims.
Anna deals especially with energy law, transfers of real estate, contract law and legal advice in corporate matters.
Filip deals primarily with cases in energy law and disputes of the RES producers with the state institutions.
Hana helps municipalities set up processes of transparent and effective administration.
Kristýna provides legal services in private and public law. She specializes in innovation sector. She has also experience with civil and construction law cases.
Alžběta deals with public law, particularly administrative and environmental law.
Lenka specializes in civil litigation, housing and construction law.
Michal deals primarily with civil litigation, contract law and corporate law. He has a wealth of experience with disputes over apartment rentals and non-residential premises.
Jan specializes in legal relations with real estate, corporate law, employment law and contract law, including dispute agenda.
Barbora focuses mainly on contract law, real estate law, commercial law, and protection of personal data.
Petr focuses mainly on the issues of Register of Treaties, corporate governance of state-owned enterprises and SAO competencies.
Kristýna addresses cases of mining law or environmental impact assessment.
Lukáš deals with public law, particularly administrative law, and environmental law. He deals with the functioning of the public administration.
Jitka deals in particular with contract and labor law. She specializes in the protection of personal data and the obligations arising from GDPR regulation.
Natálie specializes in civil and commercial law, especially focusing on contract law, intellectual property law and IT law.
Petr deals with corporate, family, labor and commercial law. He specializes in protection of personal data.
Head of HR
Jana deals with public law, particularly administrative and environmental law.
Lawyer, Business development
Martin deals with the business development of our office. He also specialise on public law.
Bára takes care of the legal agenda of our clients of the energy sector.
Petra deals with administrative law, environmental law and municipal planning.
Do you need our legal service? Contact Martin Kornel.
He will respond within two working days.
mob. +420 724 514 095
150 00 Praha
602 00 Brno
Sokolská třída 24
702 00 Ostrava